WildWise Yukon promotes the use of electric fencing for small and large scale agricultural and industrial applications as well as to secure temporary attractants like fish camps and meat caches. Electric fencing is relatively inexpensive, easy to install and effective at preventing negative encounters with wildlife. Electric fencing may be used to keep livestock in and wildlife out and may be set up on a temporary or permanent basis. It just makes sense! Here are some very convincing documents for you to share with your neighbors and friends.
Please contact us if you would like us to print some of these for distribution through your store or organization.
- Alaska Department of Fish & Game electric fencing guide – comprehensive guide to installation and product sources
- Guidelines for Industrial Attractant Management in Bear Country
- Wildlife Damage Prevention Fund
- The Feed Store, Pet Junction – Whitehorse retailer selling electric fence supplies
- Water Strider – portable electric fencing supply for backpackers, camping and other operations on the move
- Hurlburt Enterprises – another local retailer carrying electric fence supplies
- Hurlburt Enterprises portable electric fence kits